Adobe and Microsoft Partnership
Adobe announces a strategic partnership with Microsoft as the two companies intend to integrate Adobe’s Marketing Cloud suite with Microsoft’s Dynamics CRM solution. This move will give businesses an integrated toolkit for tackling both customer relationship management and marketing. The proposed integration will enable organizations to use customer data in Adobe Marketing Cloud for personalization and sophisticated data harvesting. This alliance aims to strengthen Adobe Marketing Cloud as a means of helping the customers on their journey to customer experience management.
The announcement was made during the recent Adobe Digital Marketing Summit (EMEA) in London, one of the largest conferences of its kind. If you missed the summit this year, read the top 10 highlights for a glimpse of what Adobe had on offer for its customers and partners.
OpenText Reviews its Operations
OpenText announced a plan to cut its workforce by 5%. This translates into 425 jobs at risk, although it is unclear at this point which departments and offices will be affected. In the context of numerous acquisitions that fueled OpenText growth for over a decade, this operational review is no surprise; in fact, it is necessary for addressing the overlap in products and departments. In most private companies, including OpenText’s direct competitors, such right-sizing would likely go unnoticed (and certainly unannounced), but OpenText is required to report it due to its public status. Watch this space for more updates on OpenText, as the news unfold.
Appnovation Donates $30,000 to Drupal 8 Accelerate
Drupal 8 Accelerate Fund was launched in November 2014 to help accelerate the release of Drupal 8. Appnovation is one of the seven anchor donors that together with the Drupal Association are matching every donation made, doubling their value. The other six anchor donors are: Acquia, Lullabot, Palantir.net, Phase2, PreviousNext, and Wunderkraut.
$209,213 has been raised to date, making it 84% of the $250,000 goal. If you are a committed member of Drupal community, you can spread the word using hashtag #d8Accelerate, make a donation, or suggest an idea of how the raised money should be spent (apply for a grant).
Hippo CMS 10
Hippo releases the new Hippo CMS 10 version of its platform, which follows the previous version 7.9. Yes that’s right, for Hippo CMS, 7.9 plus one = 10, and no, it’s not just you. We all find it confusing. Version numbers aside, what’s in the release?
True to its tagline – ‘Personalized Experiences Across all Channels’ – Hippo CMS continues to improve personalization and customer experience capabilities. In the latest release, key areas of improvement are:
- Hippo’s new Content Performance Platform allows users to view and analyse web analytics in the context of an individual, rather than average visitor. This data helps to convert visitors into customers, and is essential for building an effective personalized content strategy.
- In this release Hippo CMS introduces new algorithms for testing and optimization that are designed to be more effective than traditional A/B testing for personalized websites.
- Interface and functional improvements for Hippo CMS developers and end users.
Interested to find out more? Join Hippo’s CMO, Tjeerd Brenninkmeijer and Hippo’s CTO, Arjé Cahn for a free online webinar on June 2, 2015: Introducing Hippo CMS 10 – Content Performance Insights for Data-Driven Content Strategy.
Automattic Acquires a Leading WordPress Service Provider WooThemes
Mura CMS Themes competition
Mura CMS partnered with Envato to launch a new Envato’s Most Wanted Mura CMS Themes competition with a number of cash prizes to be won. This is a great opportunity for web designers and web developers to expand their portfolios, get noticed, and learn more about Mura CMS.
Upcoming Industry Events
- CMO Digital Marketing Leaders Summit will take place on June 1-3, 2015, in Austin, Texas, USA. This event brings together 60 senior marketing decision makers and business leaders from across America. DCG’s Scott Liewehr, and Tim Walters will lead roundtables, moderate panels, and conduct workshops. Delegate participation for this event is by invitation only.
- IWMW 2015 (Institutional Web Management Workshop) is an annual conference for digital professionals in the UK education sector. This year IWMW 2015 runs under the theme “Beyond Digital: Transforming the Institution,” and takes place in Ormskirk, Lancashire, on 27-29 July 2015.
Sitecore Announces 2014 Experience Award Winners in North America
This year the overall Sitecore Experience award goes to Comcast’s Xfinity.com, and the Sitecore People’s Choice Award (determined by public vote) goes to Understood.org and its Sitecore Solution partner, Agency Oasis. See the additional winners in other categories at Sitecore official announcement.
Giving back to the community
Digital leaders and web professionals don’t save lives. Not every day anyway. Yet many are finding ways to make our world a better place, and give back to the community.
- J. Boye donated $1 for every speaker evaluation form completed by delegates at J. Boye Philadelphia conference. The benefactor was The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- MMT Digital, Kentico Gold Partner, is getting ready for the charity cycling event in Nottingham, in support of the Mango Tree Orphan Support Programme. Donate to support MMT Digital’s effort by visiting their JustGiving page.
- Kentico teamed up with Techtonic Group to support an apprenticeship program for underprivileged youth.
This blogpost was first published on Digital Clarity Group website in 2015.